Thursday, March 7, 2013

Raw Shea Butter From Ghana and Avocado Butter

As a soap maker, I have accumulated quite an array of butters and oils necessary in the soap-making process.  These oils are also used in the manufacturing of lotions and other moisturizing products.

As a person with my hands in either soap or dirt all day, (gardening), I have been in drastic need of a super moisturizer for my hands.  My store-bought lotions are good, but after raiding my stash of raw shea butter and avocado butter, I'll never go back to store-bought lotions.

Think about it..  lotions not only include a moisturizing element such as an oil or butter, but they also contain stabilizers, waxes and preservatives.  Why not put the real-deal on your hands in its most potent and unadulterated form? 



Avocado butter has a mild scent, almost undetectable,  and is so lovely and creamy - easily emulsifying onto warm hands.  Adding your own scent, such as lavender or rose, wouldn't compete at all.  It's SO yummy!  Light enough to wear all day, it promises you won't  feel like you're wearing an oil slick.


The shea butter I bought from Ghana is raw, natural and Fair Trade.   As it is unrefined, it is thicker than the avocado butter, however, has a bit more staying power... especially for rough feet and cuticles.  Shea butter comes from the shea nut, and unless you've smelled it before, the best comparison I can make is that may remind you of sunflower seeds.  Adding a scent over the top is do-able, but I'd suggest something earthy.  

Both of these products are now available here in my shop and they won't disappoint.  At least  1.5 oz - you'll love 'em!

~Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment