Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cameo Love


Throughout history, persons of royalty have set the tone for jewelry fashion. It is said that Queen Elizabeth loved to wear cameos and it is noted that Catherine the Great had a very impressive collection of them. The cameo survived the whims of changing fashion during the Nineteenth Century in England.  Since Queen Victoria favored cameos, the cameo was quite popular during and since her reign. They were popular as pins and pendants usually worn on a black velvet ribbon.

Originally, cameos were carved from bone, shell or glass.  I am not nearly that talented, so my exhibit of cameo love comes in the form of a beautiful silicone mold and a few excellent soap recipes.  I have three varieties, one made from shea butter, another made from a milk base - half & half, and the last made from the very luxurious cocoa butter.  All are extremely high quality, hand-made soaps befitting a queen.  

Due to the high milk fat content in my milk soaps, they are much softer than those made from cocoa or shea butter.  If you intend to use this soap strictly for your face, I'd recommend the milk soap.  For the rest of you, the cocoa and shea butters are longer lasting, but equally as excellent.  All three should be guarded from husbands and kids...   (My neighbor's husband unceremoniously completed his hand washing by laying my fair lady face-down in a puddle of water and left her there to drown).  Shame on him....

Available on my website for $5.50/each and come wrapped in a lovely floral fabric.  Also available is a cameo sampler, (get all 3), available for $18 in a lovely wrapped gift tray.  Check my website for details ----->

No comments:

Post a Comment