Monday, February 18, 2013

No Dragons Were Injured In The Making Of This Soap

Several soaps I posted about earlier are now ready to go.  One of these is my new favorite, Dragon's Blood.

Created with a shea butter base, it has warming notes of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla and patchouli, the Dragon's Blood Fragrance is lightened up with layers of romantic notes such as rose, jasmine and lilac. Top notes are the colorful, light touches of blood orange and grapefruit. If ever a fragrance made you want to go out and get a tattoo, this one is it.

The curing process has rendered it dark and earthy, just like you would expect.  Here it is in all its glory, available on both my website or on Etsy for $5.50.    

On a geeky side note, I investigated the actual Dragon Tree.  My travels brought me to the South Coast Botanic Gardens, located in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.  An African native, the injured tree runs red with sap, (resin), from its wound.  The red resin was used in ancient times as varnish, medicine, incense, and dye.  So there you have it...  more than you ever wanted to know.

~Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment